Like many makeup junkies, I am on a never-ending quest to find the perfect liquid foundation. The definition of “perfect” is different for everyone so here’s mine:
- Medium coverage without looking/feeling overly made up or cakey
- Helps control my oily skin and keep shine to a minimum
- Won’t break me out or clog pores
- Relatively inexpensive (although I’ve been known to temporarily lose my mind and a lot of money if a foundation really works miracles)
Photo Credit: maybelline.com
Last week I picked up the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation and after using it daily, I have to say, I think my quest is over. This just may be the perfect foundation – and it’s less than $10 (!!). Here’s why I’m in love:
- A little goes a long way. I apply a small amount to my brush (quarter sized amount) and the end result is a lightweight, flawless finish that never feels heavy on my skin.
- Great coverage. Maybelline isn’t joking when they say that this foundation adjusts to match your skin and evens out tone and color. I use shade 120 in Classic Ivory – it cancels out my red tones and never morphs into that weird orange color as the day goes on like other foundations can do.
- No need for primer. I’ve learned the hard way that while primer does go a long way in giving me a flawless canvas to apply my foundation, it also can break me out like crazy. Thankfully, Fit Me looks great without a primer and applies smoothly, even over rough patches/blemishes.
- Oil control. I pray to God and Beyoncé each night that my face will eventually stop producing insane amounts of oil, but so far, no luck. The matte finish does an impressively good job of keeping shine under control throughout the day. Although the formula is liquid, Fit Me sets more like a powder foundation. Unless you have Exxon-levels of oil like me, you can definitely get away with wearing Fit Me sans powder.
- Price. It’s only $6! This isn’t one of those foundations that you ration out every drop because it costs you more than a month’s worth of groceries. This is a foundation you pick up at CVS while you’re bored and feel zero guilt, and that’s the best feeling of all.
One thought on “Review: Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation”
I definitely need to try this foundation! I’m in love with the L’Oreal Pro Matte foundation but it costs almost $15. Thanks so much for the review!