It’s the end of a long week and you know what that means: it’s Treat Yo Self Time. Everyone needs a pamper day or night and being the Queen of Relaxing that I am, I thought I’d share my tips on what you need to have the best Treat Yo Self experience ever:
Treat. Yo. Self.
- Candle or incense
Scent is essential in setting the mood for a relaxing pampering session. Before you do anything else, light a candle or some incense. I’m a fan of incense because 1. I’m a huge hippie deep down inside and 2. No open flame to worry about potentially burning your apartment/house down. Light a stick of lavender or rose incense or, if you’re a candle person, light whatever smells closest to a cupcake.
Photo Credit: dharmarose.com
Music is definitely a matter of personal preference so I won’t tell you what to listen to, just put on whatever relaxes you and makes you feel luxurious as hell. Spotify has a million great “chill out” playlists (or you can listen to my Mellow Music playlist).
- Bath Time
There is a law on the books somewhere that states one must take a bath (or at least a very long shower) during a Treat Yo Self session. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Body Scrub – Yes, it is pretty gross to think about shedding your dead skin cells but try to put that out of your mind and just focus on how smooth and soft you’ll feel post-soak. I’m a huge fan of the Body Shop’s Shea Sugar Scrub.
Photo Credit: amazon.com
- Sheet Face Mask – If you’re going to scrub your dead skin off, why not wear a terrifying-looking mask at the same time? Throw on a sheet mask while you soak and your face will be hydrated, brighter and plumped up by the time you step out of the tub.
Photo Credit: essencious.com
- Hair Mask – We’re sticking with the mask theme and moving on to hair. Treating Yo Self is all about taking an absurdly long time to focus on you, and hair masks are meant to be worn for a good amount of time, so it’s a win-win. My favorite is the One N’ Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask.
Photo Credit: ulta.com
Other essential items you’ll need:
- Wine. Duh.
- Robe. Fluffier the better.
- Chocolate/ice cream/cake/chocolate ice cream cake.
- IDGAF attitude.
go out there stay inside and Treat Yo Self!